Annals of the kingdom of Ireland, by the Four masters, from the earliest period to the year 1616. Edited from mss. in the library of the Royal Irish Academy and of Trinity College, Dublin, with a translation, and copious notes, by John O'Donovan.
|Related Names:||O'Donovan, John 1809-1861, ed.and tr., O'Clery, Conary fl. 1636., O'Duigenan, Cucogry fl. 1636., O'Mulconry, Ferfeasa fl. 1636., O'Clery, Cucogry d. 1664., O'Clery, Michael 1575-1643.|
|Language(s):||English ; Irish|
Dublin, Hodges and Smith, 1848-1851 [v.1-2, 1851]
Ireland > History > To 1603
Known also as the Annals of Donegal.
The Catalogue of Irish manuscripts in the British Museum, v.1, p.20, gives Peregrine (Cucogry) O'Duigenan in place of Conary O'Clery, which agrees with Colgan's statement in his Acta sanctorum Hiberniae, 1645.
"The Four masters...were Michael, Conary, and Cucogry O'Clery, together with Ferfeasa O'Mulconry."
Vol.3-5, A.D. 1172-1616, were printed in 1848, as the editor originally intended to publish only that portion not included by C.O'Conor in Rerum hibernicarum scriptores, t.3, 1826. In 1851 vols.1-2, to 1171, were issued, with indices to all 5 vols.
English title preceded by title in Irish; Irish and English on opposite pages.
|Locate a Print Version:||
Find in a library