The Chinese classics : with a translation, critical and exegetical notes, prolegomena, and copious indexes, by James Legge ... In seven volumes.
|Main Author:||Legge, James, 1815-1897.|
|Related Names:||Zuoqiu, Ming. , Confucius. , Mencius. , Confucius.|
Oxford, Clarendon Press, c1939.
2d ed., rev. ...
> Translations into English.
China > History.
China > Maps.
China > Literary collections.
As originally projected the collection was "to embrace all the books in 'The thirteen king'." The 6th and 7th and the supplementary volumes were never published. An English translation of the Yih king and the Li ki appeared respectively as v. 16 (1882) and v. 27-28 (1885) of the series "Sacred books of the East." A translation of the Hsiao king appeared in vol. III (1879) of the same series.
Vols. 1-2, 2d edition revised, 1893-95, printed at the Clarendon press, Oxford; v. 3-5, printed at the London missionary society's printing office, Hongkong, are a reissue of the older edition with new t.p. and imprint: London, H. Frowde [n.d.] (Errata not corrected).
5 v. in 8.
|Locate a Print Version:||
Find in a library
- Limited (search only)v.2 (original from University of California)
- Limited (search only)v.3 (original from University of California)
- Full viewv.4 (original from University of California)
- Limited (search only)v.6 (original from University of California)
- Limited (search only)v.7 (original from University of California)