Collection de romans et contes, imités de l'Anglois, corrigés et revus de nouveau par M. de la Place...
|Related Names:||La Place, Pierre Antoine de 1707-1793.|
A Paris: Chez Cussac... 1788.
Binding, by the Club Bindery, of dark blue morocco, gilt. Sides in the style of Derome within an elaborate border of dentelles à l'oiseau in imitation of those of Padeloup. Doublé with dark red taffeta within narrow border. End leaves of same. Back tooled and lettered. Edwes uncut, gilt.
Illustrations: portrait of La Place engraved by B. A. Nicollet aft C. N. Cochin, dated 1788; the 24 original drawings all signed by Borel, many dated 1787, and the last dated 1788; also the 24 engraved plates issued with the above work.
With half-title, and title-page of v. 1 of the work which the plates illustrate.
Binding, by Bozerian, of tan calf, gilt. Sides plain within two narrow fillites, Greek key design, and laurel leaf. Back tooled, and lettered on inlay of dark green.
Illustrations: 24 plates by A. Borel, engraved by G. L. Marchand, J. L. Petit, Delignon, C. F. Maillet; J. J. Hubert, Berthet, Ja. LeRoy, Borgnet, A. Giraud le jeune, T. F. Viguet, Huot, G. L. Biosse, J. B. Fosseyeux, E. A. Giraud.
Cohen-De Ricci, col. 599.
With etiquette pasted on inside of front cover, v. 1: Chez Berthot Libraire á Bruzelles.
8 v. 24 pl.
|Locate a Print Version:||
Find in a library
- Full viewv.1 (original from Columbia University)
- Full viewv.2 (original from Columbia University)
- Full viewv.3 (original from Columbia University)
- Full viewv.4 (original from Columbia University)
- Full viewv.5 (original from Columbia University)
- Full viewv.6 (original from Columbia University)
- Full viewv.7 (original from Columbia University)
- Full viewv.8 (original from Columbia University)