Extends from September, 1645 to June, 1668, with a gap between February 5, 1654 and October 25, 1656. There is evidence that the Journal was continued down to 1755; but the manuscripts of this continuation, which must have comprised at least two more volumes, have disappeared. The original, from 1645 to August, 1665, is in the handwriting of Father Lallemant; from that point to 1668 it is in the handwriting of Father Le Mercier. cf. The Jesuit relations; ed. by R.G. Thwaites, v. 27-51, in which will be found an English translation of the Journal.
Imperfect: "Errata" 1 leaf after p. x wanting.