Historical and statistical information respecting the history, condition, and prospects of the Indian tribes of the United States; collected and prepared under the direction of the Bureau of Indian Affairs per act of Congress of March 3rd, 1847. Illustrated by S. Eastman.
|Main Author:||Schoolcraft, Henry Rowe, 1793-1864.|
|Related Names:||Eastman, Seth 1808-1875, illus.|
Philadelphia, Lippincott, Grambo, 1851-1857.
Indians of North America
Indians of North America.
Vols. 5-6 published by Lippincott.
Vols. 2-5 have title: Information respecting the history, condition, and prospects of the Indian tribes of the United States. Vol. 6 has title: History of the Indian tribes of the United States: their present condition and prospects and a sketch of their ancient status.
Vols. 1-5 have half-title: Ethnological researches respecting the red man of America.
Includes separate index compiled by Frances S. Nichols, published by the U.S. Govt. Printing Office, Washington, D.C., 1954.
illus., plates (part col.) ports., maps (part fold., part col.)
|Locate a Print Version:||
Find in a library
- Full viewv.1 (original from Cornell University)
- Full viewc.1 v.4 (original from University of Chicago)
- Full viewv.2 (original from Cornell University)
- Full viewv.3 (original from Cornell University)
- Full viewv.4 (original from University of Michigan)
- Full viewv.5 (original from University of Michigan)