Universal dictionary of the English language; a new and original work presenting for convenient reference the orthography, pronunciation, meaning, use, origin and development of every word in the English language together with condensed explanations of fifty thousand important subjects and an exhaustive encyclopaedia of all the arts and sciences profusely illustrated, ed. by Robert Hunter (English ed.) and Prof. Charles Morris (American ed.) With the assistance of eminent specialists.
|Main Author:||Hunter, Robert, 1823-1897.|
|Other Authors:||Morris, Charles, 1833-1922.|
New York, P. F. Collier, 1897.
Encyclopedias and dictionaries.
English language > Dictionaries
According to Brit. mus. Catalogue, first published in London in 1879 under the title The encyclopaedic dictionary.
illus., col. plates (part double)
|Locate a Print Version:||
Find in a library
- Full viewv.1 A-CRE (original from University of Michigan)
- Full viewv.2 CRE-INF (original from University of Michigan)
- Full viewv.3 (original from University of Virginia)
- Full viewv.3 INE-RHE (original from University of Michigan)
- Full viewv.4 (original from University of Virginia)
- Full viewv.4 RHE-Z (original from University of Michigan)