Lives of the British admirals: containing a new and accurate naval history, from the earliest periods. / By Dr. J. Campbell. ; With a continuation down to the year 1779, including the naval transactions of the late war, and an account of the recent discoveries in the southern hemisphere. Written under the inspection of Doctor Berkenhout. ; The whole illustrated with correct maps; and frontispieces engraved from original designs. In four volumes.
|Main Author:||Campbell, John, 1708-1775.|
|Other Authors:||Berkenhout, John, 1730?-1791.|
London : Printed for G. G. J. and J. Robinsons ..., 1785.
> Royal Navy
Admirals > Great Britain.
Great Britain > History, Naval.
The four frontispieces have imprint: Londn. Jany. 1st, 1779. Publish'd as the Act directs by A. Donaldson St. Pauls Churchyard.
Originally published 1742-1744 under title: Lives of the admirals and other eminent British seamen.
4 v. :
ill., 6 maps ;
22 cm. (8vo in 4s)
|Locate a Print Version:||
Find in a library
- Full viewv.003 (original from University of California)
- Full viewv.001 (original from University of California)
- Full viewv.004 (original from University of California)
- Full viewv.002 (original from University of California)
- Full viewv.1 (original from Harvard University)
- Full viewv.3 (original from Harvard University)
- Full viewv.4 (original from Harvard University)
- Full viewv.2 (original from Harvard University)