A new system of mythology, in two volumes: giving a full account of the idoltry of the pagan world, illustrated by analytical tables, and 50 elegant copperplate engravings representing more than 200 subjects, in a third volume, particularly adapted to the capacity of junior students, compiled, digested, and arranged, by Robert Mayo.
|Main Author:||Mayo, Robert, 1784-1864.|
Philadelphia, Printed for the author, by T. S. Manning, n. w. corner of Sixth and Chestnut streets, 1815-19.
Idols and images > Worship
Imprint varies slightly.
Volume numbers appear only on half-titles.
Vols. II-III: A new system of mythology, in three volumes ... illustrated by analytical tables ... in a fourth volume.
Vol. IV has engraved t.-p.: A mythology of the pagan world illustrated by 52 plates, engraved by Tanner, Vallance, Kearny & co.: Philadelphia, Published by Geo: Mayo & co: 1819. Printed by Cammeyer & Acock.
plates, fold. tab.
|Original Classification Number:||BL 310 .M47|
|Locate a Print Version:||
Find in a library
- Full viewv.1 (original from University of California)
- Full viewv.2 (original from University of California)
- Full viewv.3 (original from University of California)
- Full viewv.4 (original from University of California)
- Full viewvol.3 (original from Princeton University)
- Full viewvol.4 (original from Princeton University)